Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Oxford and District Billiards & Snooker Association
Founded in 1926 Contact Us 
Sponsored by Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Welcome guest. Please login to enter results, access members' contact details or search for matches.
Oct 20 2005
Thame A recorded only their second win of the season with a 5:1 success against Riley B. Michael Bennett got Thame off to a good start thanks to a surprisingly easy 76-31, 56-13 win against David Baker. Dave Feore made it 3-0, before Dave Bough took the fourth frame for Riley. Dean Campbell made Martin Cone fight for the last two frame, Cone eventually winning 66-45, 51-46.

Cherwell A and Woodstock A enjoyed a closely fought match in which saw half the frames decided on the black ball. Ray Benwell took the opening frame 53-36 from Stuart Reeve, who then won the first of the black ball games 51-43, to make it 1-1. The next two frames between Matthew Webb and Justin Page also went to a black ball finish, with Webb coming out on top in both, 53-52, 48-46 which left Cherwell 3-1 up. Priyan Shah took the final two frames from Andy Benwell, to leave the match tied.

Ashton A maintained their 100% start to their Division Two season, with a 5:1 win at home to mid-table Eynsham A. Richard Partlett secured the opening frame for Eynsham's with a 63-29 margin against Pete Fenn. Fenn replied to take the second frame 52-39. Alan King then beat Robbie Langton 54-43, 55-9 to put Ashton in the driving seat. Terry Chambers completed victory for Ashton, beating Lawrence Parsons 58-48, 52-12.

Oracle B slipped into second place in the table with a useful 4-2 win away at Riley D. Pete Machonochie got the visitors off to a good start, beating Robert Adkins 59-38, 63-41. Andrew Toole and Lee Pratley contested the second pair of frames, with Toole emrging the winner 45-42, 53-33 to restore parity for Riley. James Cairns stormed throught the fifth frame 61-5 gainst Anthony Roberts, before claiming the final frame by a single point to snatch the match.

It was honours even between Witney C and Witney B. Colin Cutler beat Simon Barker in the first two frames to put the C team ahead, before Terry Cook levelled matters by beating Colin Adams. Paul Chester and Stephen Hedges played out the remaining frames, with Chester clearing to the pink for a break of 41 to win the fifth frame 73-27 for the C team. Hedges responded well and claimed the final frame 56-10 to leave the match drawn.

Thame B travelled to Woodstock B in pursuit of a win, but in the end, had to be content with their 6th consecutive draw!. The first two frames went to the home side, with Rob Inman getting the better of Tom Fletcher 68-16, 56-35. Dave White eased past Graham Chilton 49-17 in the third frame to get Thame back into the match and then took early control of the fourth frame thanks to consecutive 18 breaks. Although Chilton rallied, White held firm to win 58-32. A break of 21 helped Nigel Bossom to an easy 51-12 win over Lee Hazell in the fifth frame, before Hazell responded to take the final frame 47-38 to tie the match.

Riley E defeated Morris Motors B 6-0 and continue to set the pace in Division Three. The opening frame between Altaf Ali and Chris Martin was close, with Ali eventually taking it 61-52. Ali stepped things up in the second frame and was a runaway winner 85-18. Weifeng (Joe) Zhao made it 3-0 with a 52-27 win against Eric Pratt and then wen on to take the fourth 56-50. David Lo completed the formalities with a comprehensive 48-10, 63-12 win against James Kerr. After 5 matches, the Riley side have dropped just 3 frames.

Oracle C kept tabs on the leaders with a win against Headington RBL A, but they have played a game more. Jamie Saczak and Tony Swatton contested two fairly messy frames, with Saczak grinding out a win. Richard Saunders then beat Elaine Cox 40-21 in to make it 3-0, but completely miscalculated things in the fourth and somewhat bizarrely, he conceded a frame he could have also won. Simon Saunders was again in good form, knocking in breaks of 10,17,19 on the way to winning frame 5. Breaks of 24 and 17 put Saunders in command of frame 6 and with 22 left on the table, his opponent conceded even though he was only 22 behind. Most peculiar.

Morris Motors A got back to winning ways, with a 4:2 win at home to struggling Cowley Con A. The match was closely fought throughout, with no more than a handful of points deciding each frame. Malcolm Grieveson surrendered to Doug Baker 50-32, 39-30 in the opening frames, before Dick Hashman clawed a frame for Cowley Con 48-41 in the third. Des Truss restored Morris's two frame advantage, winning 61-47 in frame 4. Tony Baker took a low scoring fifth frame 38-29 to guarantee victory for the Motormen before Nick Sudworth picked up the final frame 45-25 for Cowley.

There was better news for Cowley Con Club with the B team coming from behind to win for the first time this season. Pete Astall completely outplayed Jim Alder to give Cherwell a 2-0 lead, but from then on things turned Cowley Con's way. Brian Mabbutt beat Mark Clifford to level the match at 2-2 which paved the way for Neil Kirby, who defeated Mick Lomas.

Division Four leaders, County C made it five straight wins with a 4:2 win in a very competitive match with fellow promotion hopefuls, Oracle D. Nigel Wilkinson stormed through the opening frame 52-6 against Dave Hodgson, before Hodgson returned the compliments even more emphatically, 74-1 in the second. Matty Bramall took the third frame 61-34 to put Oracle ahead, but Paul Paddick snatched the next 62-61 to make it 2 all. Nick Anderson beat Tom Cairns 76-21 in the fifth frame to give County the lead for the second time in the match and then held on to win the last frame 54-48.

Morris Motors C kept in touch with the leaders thanks to a 4:2 win against Witney D. All the frames were competitive and keenly fought. James Griffin made a break of 22 in his first frame against Andy Keeler and also went on to take the second. Paul Keenlyside won the third frame for Witney, only for Roger Tomlin to secure the fourth frame for Morris's. Bob Hayward and Chris Keeler contested the final two frames, Hayward taking the first of those and Keeler the second.

Cowley Con D arrested a run of three defeats, thanks to a draw against East Oxford Con B. Cowley went ahead when Karl Lewis stole the first frame on the 51-50 on the black, but Robbie Barresi replied to take the second frame 56-15. Pete Truby won the third frame 45-27 to restore Cowley's lead, but back came EOC again, thanks Tony Barresi's 42-33 win in frame four. Simon Painter took the fifth frame 39-26 to give Cowley the lead for the third time only for Julio Barresi to take the last frame 47-27 to leave the match tied.

Littlemore RBL's disappointing start to the season continued with defeat at home to Ashton B. Anthony Marshall made a break of 19 against a lacklustre Darren Murray to help win the opening frame, but Murray recovered and made a break of 25 to edge the second frame 47-39. McAully McAllister then put Littlemore ahead, winning the third frame 57-33, but Kevin Leach hit back to win the fourth frame 64-52. Simon Walters found the going tough and M Woodward won the remaining frames 41-19, 61-35, with a break of 25 coming in the final frame.

This week’s Division Five matches were littered with several moderate breaks, seven of them coming in the match between New Club B and Eynsham D. Paul Moss was in sterling form for New Club B and made breaks of 15, 16 and 18 in the opening frame. For good measure, he went on to score 15 and 16 breaks in frame 2. John Ayres made a 22 break against Simon Marriott to take Eynsham's only frame. Marriott replied to win the fourth frame 48-33. Matthew Challen matched Ayres 22 break during frame five, which he won 74-11. Challen wrapped things up with a 62-31 win in the final frame.

Littlemore RBL B travelled to Eynsham C, but came away empty handed. Adam Hingley got the home side off to a great start, picking up both frames against Doug Turner. Steve Fitzgerald took the third frame for Littlemore only for Tim Bowles win the fourth thanks to breaks of 15 and 13. Anthony Turner reduced Littlemore's arrears again, by winning the fifth frame, but Daniel Brooks completed a 4:2 victory for Eynsham in the final frame.

Yarnton A continue to find the going tough and slipped to a heavy 6:0 defeat at Littlemore RBL C, although the match was closer than the scoreline suggests. Lee Haggerty defeated Lee Parsons 53-41, 57-20, while Leigh Davies enjoyed a 62-47, 54-29 success against Mick Aust. Gavin Murray completed the rout with a 45-29, 52-14 victory against Eddie Christiansen.