Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Oxford and District Billiards & Snooker Association
Founded in 1926 Contact Us 
Sponsored by Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Welcome guest. Please login to enter results, access members' contact details or search for matches.
Nov 24 2005
County A collected their eighth straight league win, but were made to fight by second placed Fieldside A. Paul Robinson beat Richard Tatton 46-35 to win the opening frame, but Tatton took the second to level for County. Jimmy Ewers made a break of 52 in the third frame and then 46 in the third to dispose of Bob Chivers, 67-25, 63-9. Karl Walker scored Fieldside’s second point with a 76-3 demolition of Olly Hoeblyn in frame 5, but Hoeblyn took the final frame 78-47 to secure County’s win.

Riley A consolidated third place in the Premier Division with a 4-2 win against Division One leaders Witney A. Gary Cowlin beat Justin Buckingham 53-53 in the first frame to put Riley ahead, but Buckingham came back to win the next 52-26. Tony Hicks took on Chris Warren and romped home 58-19, 71-14 to put Riley 3-1 up. John Butcher recorded a 39 break in the fifth frame, but lost the frame 65-46 to Gavin Wright. There was a tense finish to the final frame which Butcher eventually won 58-55 to take the match for Riley.

Riley C came from 2-0 down to beat Oracle A, a result that moves them into second place in the Division one table. Mike Russell put Oracle ahead with a 59-14, 85-25 win against James Stone, Russell recording a 36 break in frame 2. Chris Stone brought Riley’s level, defeating David Noake 71-25, 59-44. Andy MacBryan completed Riley’s recovery with a 79-19, 54-46 victory over Vince Taylor.

Woodstock A picked up valuable points with a hard fought draw at home to Riley B in a match which saw each player score a point. Dave Bough gave Riley’s the early advantage, taking the first frame 56-46 before Stuart Reeve hit a 31 break to help him secure the second frame 60-53. A break of 39 helped Justin Page beat Malcolm Bough 60-27, 57-23 to put Woodstock a 3-1 up, but Priyan Shah was unable to keep the Woodstock momentum going and missed out 72-45, 56-45 to Gary Bough.

In Division Two, Thame B’s run of draws came to a grinding halt when they were soundly beaten by the improving House Club B. Keith Philpott beat Tom Fletcher 52-31, 47-30 while Mike Augar made a 28 break during his 54-25, 78-28 win against Dave White. Paul Larkins looked on course to make it 5-0, but a break of 22 helped Nigel Bossom recover to win the frame 58-46. The final frame was also close, with Larkins winning 63-53.

Witney B took over top spot thanks to an emphatic 5-1 win over local rivals Eynsham A. Clive Burnett and Richard Partlett traded frames 57-47, 44-54, before Witney’s remaining players took control. Simon Barker beat Bob Thiele to make it 3-1, with Terry Cook completing the formalities 45-24, 57-6 against Kevin Truby.

Abingdon RBL A moved up another place to third after a draw with County D, who have replaced Thame C in this division (see comments below). Kevin Broughton was fast out of the blocks and made breaks of 19, 16 and 14 in the opening frame which he won 76-14. His good form continued in the second frame which Broughton won 60-25 against a shell shocked Geoff Barker. Steve Hale brought County level with a 49-21, 58-10 win against Fred Brett before John Dawson took the fifth frame 65-58 to give Abingdon the lead once more. However, Dawson’s opponent, Dave Thomson made a break of 29 in the final frame which was enough to see him home 47-21.

Riley D hosted struggling Woodstock B and emerged 4-2 winners. Andrew Toole had few problems against Graham Chilton in the opening frame, but Chilton fought hard in the second but was out of luck, losing out 45-36 in a black ball finish. Neil Grant pulled a frame back for Woodstock 71-20 only for Nathan Hawkes to win the next 43-33 to restore Riley’s two frame advantage. Rob Inman won the fifth frame 44-36 to bring it back to 3-2, but Wayne Reddy took the last frame for Rileys.

Division Three leaders Riley E lost their 100% record but remain unbeaten following a draw at Cowley Con A. Keith Pearce put the Cowley side ahead with a good 56-20, 55-36 win against Weifeng (Joe) Zhao. Kelvin Cheng (Cheng Wui Kuen) playing in his first ever match brought Riley’s level thanks to a 53-31, 48-23 victory over Malcolm Grieveson. Arthur Coakley took the penultimate frame 58-24 to restore Cowley’s lead, but David Lo saved Riley’s unbeaten record with a 52-12 win in the final frame.

Riley’s draw allowed Oracle C to close the gap at the top to two points. Simon Saunders had little problem against Doug Baker with several small breaks steering him to a 78-18, 72-38 victory. Richard Saunders started similarly well, opening the third frame with a 17 and finishing with a 13 clearance. However, he lost his way in frame four and was completely out played by Des Truss. Two breaks of 16 saw Tony Baker get off to a good start against Jamie Saczak in frame five, but Jamie then replied with a break of 14, two of 10 and a 25 clearance to steal the frame. Jamie’s form continued in the final frame with breaks of 15, two more 10’s and an 11 to rap up a 5-1 win for Oracle.

In Division Four, County C completely outplayed Cowley Con D to record their eighth straight league win a feat that emulates their Premier Division counterparts. Nigel Wilkins beat Simon Painter 40-3, 65-35, while Kevin Hicks beat Karl Lewis 55-29, 95-11. Paul Paddick completed victory with a 65-35, 50-10 win against Pete Truby.

Eynsham B collected a much needed win with a 4-2 victory over struggling Littlemore RBL A. Allan Wakefield and Lee MacAllister shared the spoils 69-39, 22-55 in the opening frames before Mick Lyne overcame Mal MacAllister to put Eynsham 3-1 ahead. Darren Murray took the fifth frame 59-32 to reduce Littlemore’s arrears, but Jason Stubbs took the final frame 44-26 to complete a win for Eynsham.

Ashton B beat Morris Motors C 4-2 a result that leaves the Bicester side leading the chasing pack Anthony Marshall made it 2-0 to Ashton with a 55-36, 57-40 win against James Griffin. Kevin Leach made it 3-0, before Roger Tomlin took the fourth frame for Morris’s. M Woodward took the fifth frame from Bob Hayward 65-30 to make it 4-1, before Hayward claimed the final frame 52-39.