Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Oxford and District Billiards & Snooker Association
Founded in 1926 Contact Us 
Sponsored by Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Welcome guest. Please login to enter results, access members' contact details or search for matches.
Dec 7 2005
County A continued their domination of the Premier Division with a 5-1 win against Riley C and have extended their lead to a huge 15 point margin. Olly Hoeblyn beat James Stone 61-19 in the secured the opening frame but Stone responded well back and an excellent break of 59 saw him win the second frame 83-20. From then on County assumed control. Richard Tatton defeated Chris Stone 58-26, 63-16 with Jimmy Ewers completing the match with an emphatic 73-6, 70-18 win against Andy MacBryan.

Countyís nearest challengers, Fieldside A slipped to a 4-2 defeat at Division One leaders Riley B. Riley got of to a great start with Gary Bough defeating Richard Sambell 61-46, 63-56. Paul Robinson and Malcolm Bough then traded frames, Robinson winning a low scoring frame 43-30 and Bough taking the next 65-31. Karl Walker took the fifth frame of the evening 69-22 before Dave Bough ensured victory for Rileyís by winning the final frame 78-49.

Thame A twice came from behind to defeat a tenacious Cherwell A. Ray Benwell beat Michael Bennett 69-38 in the first frame only for Bennett to respond 61-35 in the second. Cherwell led for a second time when Andy Benwell took the third frame from Dave Feore 55-32. The fourth frame was nip and tuck, but it was Feore who eventually emerged the winner, 65-58. Martin Cone ensured victory for Thame with an easy 52-17, 67-10 win against Matthew Webb.

Oracle A moved into second place in Division One thanks to a 4-2 win over bottom placed New Club A. Mike Russell beat Ian Gee 65-26 in the first frame before Gee replied to win the second frame 55-52 on the black. Alan Mander then beat Ben Dudman 51-10 to give New Club the lead before Dudman won the next 50-29. Dave Noake beat Justin Shepherd 62-33, 61-47 in the final two frames.

In Division Two. Witney C condemned Ashton A to their first defeat of the season, despite fielding only 2 players. Colin Cutler beat Pete Fenn 74-66, 53-29, while Lewis Calcutt beat Alan King 69-22, 61-19. Calcutt made breaks of 40 and 22. Witney had to concede the remaining two frames when their third player failed to materialise.

Draw specialists Thame B were at it again, this time against Abingdon RBL A. Kevin Broughton potted well and made a break of 29 en-route to a 59-25, 59-30 win against Tom Fletcher. Dave White had more than his fair share of luck to beat Bill Cook 60-41, 44-16 to bring Thame level. Nigel Bossom rattled in a 22 break at the start of the penultimate frame and he had build a built a healthy lead midway through the frame. However steady play from John Dawson saw the Abingdon player chip away at Bossomís advantage to win 51-49 on the black. Bossom recovered to win the final frame 61-24 to give Thame their eighth draw from nine matches!

Oracle Bís came away from House Club B with a draw in a match that saw each player win frame. Pete Machonochie made a break of 41 to help him win the first frame 65-17. Keith Philpott took the second frame 56-30 to level for House Club. Lee Pratley restored Oracleís lead with a 62-10 win against Paul Larkins but Larkins the replied 45-41 in the next. Jimmy Cairns took the fifth frame 54-47 to give Oracle the lead for the third time, but could not stop Mick Augar from taking the final frame 58-6.

Eynsham A collected a 4-2 win against County D. Richard Partlett beat Geoff Barker 60-24, 71-11 before Steve Hale beat Bob Thiele 73-28 in frame 3. Thiele turned in a better performance in the fourth frame to emerge the winner 60-56. Lawrence Parsons beat David Thomson 42-27 in the fifth frame to ensure Eynsham of victory, although it was Thomson who won the final frame 62-41.

In Division Three, Cowley Con A picked up their first win of the season with a home derby against Cowley Con B. Keith Pearce and Neil Kirby took a frame each, Pearce the first 55-32 and Kirby the second 65-58. From then on the A side took command. Nick Sudworth beat Brian Mabbutt 65-52, 54-24, while Arthur Coakley beat Ken Olive 42-23, 46-34.

Cowley Conís third side in this division slipped to a 4-2 defeat at Morris Motors B. Chris Martin beat Jim Smart Jnr 54-9, 46-26 before Jim Smart Snr exacted revenge to defeat Ian Dibley 57-32, 56-22. Paul Smith steered the Motormen to victory with a 55-23, 45-19 win against Mark Bayliss.

Bottom placed Cherwell B engineered a draw against fellow strugglers Headington RBL A. Peter Astall and Francis Maplethorpe shared their frames, Astall winning the first 73-41 and Maplethorpe the second 63-40. Mark Clifford and Elaine Cox battled out two close frames, Clifford winning their first a single point 34-33, and Cox the next 53-42. Brian Simmonds then gave Headington the lead for the first time with a 46-7 win in the fifth frame of the evening only for Mick Lomas to take the last frame 53-43 to leave honours even.

In Division Four, bottom placed Cowley Con D picked up their first win of the season, 4-2 at home to Eynsham B. Karl Lewis set them on their way with a 59-36, 43-15 win against Mick Lyne. Pete Truby made it 3-0 with a hard earned 45-44 win against Simon Harbour, before Harbour took frame four 48-17 to reduce the arrears. Simon Painter took the fifth frame 51-39 to win the match, but it was Eynshamís Alan Wakefield who took the final frame 44-37.

Littlemore RBL A earned a creditable draw against promotion hopefuls, Oracle D. Oracle went ahead thanks to Dave Hodgson who beat Darren Murray 49-29, 64-24, before Lee McAllister beat Matty Bramall 50-31, 73-45 to bring Littlemore level. McAully McAllister beat Tom Cairns 52-37 to make it 3-2 to Littlemore, but he was unable to keep the momentum going and Cairns took the last frame 57-17.

Morris Motors C and House Club A contrived a draw in a match that saw 2 frame won on the black. James Griffin got Morrisís off to a good start, winning 39-20, 47-25 against Sam Nichols. The third and fourth frames were won on the black. In frame 3, Tony Smith potted a re-spotted black, only to go in-off. He made amends in frame 4, potting a good pink and black to win by 5 points. In the remaining frames Tony Nichols beat Bob Hayward to rescue a draw for House Club.

Ashton B picked up a 4-2 win against Witney D. Andy Keeler got Witney off to a great start thanks to his 60-41, 48-6 win over Anthony Marshall, but from then on Witney fell apart. Paul Keenlyside lost 54-33, 49-12 to M Woodward, while Chris Keeler went down 76-31, 45-26 to Kevin Leach.

Division five leaders, Eynsham C were made to fight by Headington RBL B and must have been relieved to come away with a win. Adam Hingley won the opening frame 35-26 for Eynsham, but Wayne Montgomery replied to win the second frame 44-30. John Scott then took the third frame from Allan Blackwell 49-7 to put Headington in front. Blackwell then won a thrilling fourth frame 63-61. Tim Bowles secured Eynshamís win with a 58-24, 52-17 win against Jason Bonner.

New Club B lost ground to the leaders as they could only manage a draw against Yarnton RBL A. However, the match was a cracker with no fewer than twelve breaks of 12 or more. Lee Parsons gave Yarnton the lead thanks to a 57-19 win, which included a break of 22. Paul Moss then mad two breaks of 18 and one of 14 to win the second frame 52-37. Matthew Challen continued the trend and made breaks of 15 and 16 in the third frame and 12, 15 and 16 in the fourth frame to beat Mick Aust 58-22, 61-27, Aust also made a break of 14. Eddie Christiansen saved the match for Yarnton with a 41-32, 61-39 win against Simon Marriott. In the final frame Christiansen made a break of 16 while Marriott made 15.