Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Oxford and District Billiards & Snooker Association
Founded in 1926 Contact Us 
Sponsored by Oracle Pool & Snooker Club
Welcome guest. Please login to enter results, access members' contact details or search for matches.
Sep 26 2005
Fieldside A took advantage of things to go top of the Premier Division, following a 5-1 win against Cherwell A. Karl Walker beat Andy Benwell 61-33 in the first frame to open the scoring for Fieldside, but Benwell responded well to take the second frame 54-11. From then on, Fieldside assumed control. Bob Chivers defeated Ray Benwell 58-31, 68-23 with Paul Robinson completed the formalities, beating Matthew Webb 54-40, 60-32 in the final two frames.

Thame A eased to their first win of the campaign following a tense match at Woodstock A. Stuart Reeve got the better of Mick Bennett 50-41 in the first frame to put Woodstock ahead, before Bennett took the second 55-39. Dave Feore then gave Thame the lead with a 53-27 win against Justin Page who then took the next frame 71-22 to leave the match all square once again. Martin Cone beat Priyan Shah 64-48, 90-24 to claim the final two frames for Thame.

Riley Aís slow start to the season continued, with their third straight defeat, this time against stablemates, Riley B. Tony Hicks and Gary Bough shared the opening frames, Hicks taking the first 57-52 and Bough the second 57-14. Malcolm Bough then took frame three, 66-55 to put the B team ahead, but he was a virtual spectator in the next as opponent, John Butcher, stormed back to win 93-9 in frame four. Dave Bough completed the match with a 53-41, 60-18 win against Ron Reddy. The win puts the B team firmly in command of Division One.

Riley C continued their good start with a 4-2 win at home to New Club A. James Stone and Alan Mander took a frame each as did Chris Stone and Ian Gee. However, Justin Shepherd was no match for Andy MacBryan. Going down 95-13, 55-10.

Division Two leaders, Witney C maintained their 100% start to the season with a 6-0 win at Thame C. The match was closer than the scoreline suggests, with two frames being won by a single point. Colin Adams set the ball rolling with a 46-45, 43-29 win against Phil Baker. Colin Cutler then beat Derek Syrett 52-51, 64-18. Paul Chester completed the rout 62-29, 54-34 against Steve Hamstead. Thame B are the draw specialists, following their third consecutive 3-3 result, this time against Oracle B. Pete Machonochie defeated Tom Fletcher 63-34, 55-32 to give Oracle a 2-0 advantage. The third frame was very scrappy with neither Dave White or Lee Pratley able to get going. In the end it came as no real surprise when the the frame was decided by luck. Pratley potted the final black only for the cue ball to disappear into the opposite corner pocket to hand the frame to White by a single point. Frame four was altogether better with White assuming early control. However Pratley responded to emerge the winner 58-45. Nigel Bossom and James Cairns contested the final two frames, with the honours going in favour of Bossom, 52-29, 62-53. Witney B went down 4-2 at home to Ashton A. Alan King got the Bicester side off to a good start, by beating Simon Barker, before Pete Fenn beat Terry Cook to make it 4-0. Stephen Hedges beat Terry Chambers in the final two frames to spare Witneyís blushes. Hedges made a break of 26, notable only for a fluke when on 19.

Oracle C recorded a 6-0 win away at Cherwell B in Division Three. Simon Saunders defeated Bob Lomas 53-41, 56-21. Richard Saunders enjoyed a 58-24, 41-21 triumph against Mark Clifford. Jamie Saczak collected the last two frames, 57-8, 45-36 against Mick Lomas. Morris Motors B move up to third place thanks to a 5-1 win against their A side. Des Truss was the A teamís only frame winner, taking the second frame of the night 44-25 from Ian Dibley after Dibley had taken the first frame 37-30. Joe Kelly was no match for Chris Martin, who made a break of 31 during his 76-7, 64-19 success, while Paul Smith had a 28 break during his win over Doug Baker.

Morris Motors C made it three wins out of three with a 4-2 victory at home to Cowley Con D and lead Division Four. The visitors frames came from Simon Painter who beat Bob Hayward in the last two frames of the evening. Earlier in the match, James Griffin defeated Karl Lewis, while Brian Green lost to Roger Tomlin. Robbie Barresi took the opening frame for East Oxford Con in their match with County C, but that was as good as it got for the home side. Nigel Wilkinson took the second frame to level the match before Nick Anderson defeated Tony Barresi and Kevin Hicks beat Julio Barresi.

East Oxford Con A currently lead Division 5 despite going down 4-2 at New Club B. The Home side raced into an unassailable 4-0 lead thanks to Paul Moss who beat Gary Washington and Matty Challen who made a break of 23 during his win against John Richards. Steve Richards beat Simon Marriott in the last two frames to give East Oxford Con some solace. Littlemore RBL B had little trouble against league newcomers Headington RBL B. Anthony Turner beat John Scott before Ron Glover reduce the arrears against Doug Turner in frame three. Turner restored Littlemoreís two frame advantage by winning frame four. Steve Fitzgerald made sure of victory with an easy win against John Wheeler.